Data Protection Policy
1. Controller Details
This privacy notice applies to the processing of your personal data by:
Tel. + 49 7251 9823003
Fax + 49 7251 9823116
Managing Director: John Mantle
Email for data protection enquires:
Further information about our company can be found in our impressum:
2. Data Collection & Storage
Unless a more specific storage period is stated below, your personal data will remain with us until the purpose for processing the data no longer applies.
If you assert a legitimate request for deletion or revoke your consent to data processing, your data will be deleted unless we have other legally permissible reasons for storing your personal data (e.g. retention periods under tax or commercial law); in the latter case, the data will be deleted after these reasons no longer apply.
2.1 Visting the Website
When you visit our website , the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in an access log log file.
The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion as described below:
|Automatically Deleted After
Visiting the Website
Login / Failed Login / Password Reset Request / Password Reset
Visiting a website page whilst logged in
The data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a reliable connection of the website,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes for data collection listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person. We do not merge the data with other data.
2.2. Contacting QuantityWare
If you contact us by e-mail, phone or fax, your request including all data (name, inquiry) for the purpose of processing your request is stored and processed by us.
There are a number of methods of contacting us online. These are listed below along with details of the data you provide us, and how we use this:
- Data collected: Only data voluntarily provided - your request is automatically associated with your Portal user ID, and no personal information is automatically stored with your request
- Data usage: We use this data to be able to reply to your query
Website “Contact Us” Form
- Data collected: Personal Name, Company, E-Mail, Phone & Fax numbers - and any additional data voluntarily provided
- Data usage: We use this data to be able to reply to and resolve your query
- Note: this is on the QuantityWare main website
This information is not passed on to third parties in any of the above methods.
The processing of this data is based on Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR, if your request is related to the performance of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective processing of requests addressed to us (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR) or on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR) if this has been requested; the consent can be revoked at any time.
The data you send to us via the methods above will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to store it, or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies (e.g. after your request has been processed). Mandatory legal provisions – in particular legal retention periods – remain unaffected.
2.3. Automated Decision-making
We do not use any personal data collected from you for any automated decision-making process (including profiling).
2.4. Use of the Service Portal
Our service portal is available for contract customers to manage documents and interact with the QuantityWare team. A user name (e-mail address) and a password are defined for this purpose. In the course of using the service portal, technically necessary cookies are also set (see below).
The following data can be processed in the portal:
- This screen allows you to update your key account information that we have on file about you: Your name, email address (which is also your login), phone number, job title and fax/cell phone number.
- On this screen you can update your organization specific data that we have on file about you, and other members of your organization (if you have authority to manage your organization’s records): the organizational email address, phone number, job title, and fax/cell phone number for you and your colleagues.
Request for test/demo usage key
- On this screen, enter your organization's details to register for trial/demo usage keys.
- Here you specify the details of the people in the organization for whom portal accounts are to be created.
- If you are included in the list of people, the following data about you will be provided: Your name, e-mail address (which is also your login), phone number, job title and fax/cell phone number.
- In order for us to create your organization entry and portal accounts for the specified individuals, the data you enter in the test/demo usage key request will be encrypted and stored for up to 6 months before being automatically deleted.
Usage questionnaire form
- On this screen, enter your organization's details to determine the best QuantityWare product solution for your organization, along with a quote for the selected solution.
- In the process, you submit your data and the data of a manager in your company who signs off on the created offer.
- The data that you and your supervisor provide are: Name, email address (which also serves as login), phone number, job title and fax number.
- Once a usage questionnaire has been submitted, QuantityWare retains all data in the questionnaire as follows:
Neither approved nor rejected by organization managerKept for 120 days after submission, then permanently deleted.
|Approved by organization manager and assigned to the organization’s portal record
|Kept until organization’s portal record is archived. This is retained as a legal record of who from the customer approved their organization’s specification.
|Rejected by organization manager
|Kept for 14 days after rejection, then permanently deleted. This is retained to allow time for internal organization discussion and discussion between the organization and QuantityWare.
3. Cookies / Tracking
In general, the following applies to cookies: You can set your browser so that, among other things, you are informed about the setting of cookies and decide individually about their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general. Each browser differs in the way it manages cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You can also find such information and instructions for the respective browsers, for example, under the following links or if you enter the terms “cookie settings + browser” in an Internet search engine of your choice:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/cookies-erlauben-und-ablehnen
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=de&hlrm=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/de-de/guide/safari/sfri11471/12.0/mac/10.14
We do not use any cookies requiring consent (with or without an analysis function) or any other third-party analysis services on visitors to our website (https://www.quantityware.com). If you have any comments or feedback about our website, please feel free to send them to us via a Ticket, or via our contact form.
When logged into the Portal, the following functional cookies are set:
|First party session cookie for the purpose of identifying the user’s current session on our website. Defaults to 1 hour in length, and is extended to 1 hour from the current point in time whenever a page is loaded whilst logged in.
|Stores the user’s current portal theme – either „light“ or „dark“. Used to allow the portal to retain the chosen theme later whilst on the login screen
If you click on a “Help” link on the Portal, you are redirected to the QuantityWare website at https://www.quantityware.com. Through doing this, you are subject to the QuantityWare website data protection policy at https://www.quantityware.com/privacy.
4. Data Recipients
We engage the services of data processors, who are responsible the technical implementation of our website, which help us to host, maintain and service the website to ensure the security of the website. Our data processors are based in the EU, predominantly in Germany, unless specifically mentioned above. We cannot rule out the possibility that the processors we select may have access to data collected via the website.
A transfer of your personal data to third parties does not take place, unless:
- you have given your express consent to this (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR),
- the disclosure is in our overriding legitimate interest or the legitimate interest of a third party pursuant to Art. 6 (1) f GDPR and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- the disclosure is necessary for the assertion, exercise, or defense of legal claims (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR),
- in the event that a legal obligation exists for the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR, as well as this is legally permissible and necessary according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
5. Data Subject Rights
You can assert your rights as a data subject regarding your processed personal data at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided at the beginning of this document.
As a data subject, you have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR to immediately demand the correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to receive a copy of your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another controller;
- In accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR, you may revoke your consent at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future (right of revocation). If you wish to exercise your right of revocation, simply send an e-mail to: email@example.com
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our registered office.
6. Right to Object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR), you have the right under Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data, provided that there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct marketing.
In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be observed by us without specifying a particular situation or reasons.
If you wish to exercise your right to object, simply send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org